Amkor Factory Intelligence Enables Industry 4.0
Leveraging artificial intelligence, machine learning and interconnected systems, Industry 4.0 challenges companies to surpass factory automation and achieve factory intelligence. The goal of factory intelligence is to improve product and service quality, decision making speed on the factory floor and utilization of high-value assets.
“Amkor’s most advanced factories exemplify Industry 4.0,” said Umesh Manathkar, Amkor Corporate VP and CIO. “K5 in Incheon is a superb example of a factory that is truly interconnected, automated and enriched with artificial intelligence and real-time big data analytics.”
With deeply integrated systems, K5 has increased efficiency on the factory floor and throughout the manufacturing process.
1) Autonomous machines and material handling
2) Industrial IoT for universal connectivity
3) Universal system integration with all backbone systems
4) Image analytics based on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML)
5) Big data analytics for correlating structured and unstructured data in near real time
6) Cybersecurity to protect enterprise data and intellectual property
7) Simulation to allow experimentation with manufacturing scenarios
8) Cloud computing, which enables scaling up of data gathering, analysis and decision making
By applying weighted scoring to continually monitor plant progress toward the automation goals supported and enabled by these pillars,
Since implementing Industry 4.0 initiatives,
Amkor’s QualityFIRST continuous improvement program is the cornerstone of its commitment to deliver zero-defect products. This is especially relevant for the automotive market, which demands zero defects in the component manufacturing process. Leveraging the intelligent factories of Industry 4.0 is a way to achieve zero-defect quality for automotive and other high-stakes applications.
“It’s never been easier to take defects out of the manufacturing process,” Manathkar continued, “and this is just one example. The Industry 4.0 innovations
Another example of the impressive possibilities unleashed by Industry 4.0 is unit-level traceability (ULT), a long-desired capability for many customers. With ULT,
For more information: https://amkor.com/smart-manufacturing/
Advanced IC packaging
Assembly and test
Unit level traceability
Social Media: @amkortechnology
Sr Director, Investor Relations
Director, Marketing Communications